For those of you following the legal case, here are the documents and briefs that have been filed in the case so far. The case currently sits with the Kentucky Supreme Court, as a Motion For Discretionary Review. All of these documents are in the public domain. For law students following this case: filed briefs, responses and the COA opinion are all here, full-text from original sources, in one convenient place:
3. Appellant Reply Brief:
5. Appellant Petition For Rehearing:
6. Commonwealth Response to Petition For Rehearing:
The Commonwealth did not file a response. They were not required to file such a response.
7. Court of Appeals denies rehearing without comment, opinion or analysis:
101 04/12/2011 ORDER DENYING PETITION FOR REHEARING ORDER – DENYING PETITION FOR REHEARING.
9. Commonwealth Response to Motion For Discretionary Review:
10. Will add this document on edit.
11. The docket, Court of Appeals:
The Court of Appeals docket in this case is at this site.
The status of the case today:
Case # 2011-SC-000272
Case Type Discretionary Review (CRIMINAL): (1R )
Document Type Discretionary Review: (D)
Case Status Active: (A)
Last Main Event SENT OUT FOR ASSIGNMENT (07/18/2011)